How to migrate from version 1.1 to version 1.2
(The documentation for the previous migrations is linked here)
Server and extensions
- OCaml versions prior to 3.10 are no longer supported. Install at least OCaml 3.10.
- The syntax for Staticmod and Revproxy have changed; see their documentation for details.
- When using staticmod, the listing of directories must now be controlled using the ExtendConfiguration extension, through the option listdirs.
- Userconf is now beta version, and should be safe to use. The mandatory localpath attribute has been added.
- The parsing of options in configuration files is now much more strict; correct your files until Ocsigen no longer signals an error.
- Staticmod sends a 404 error when you access a directory for which listing is disallowed. If you relied on a 403 (as previously), let us know.
- The options name/aliases and hostname have been removed. Use hostfilter and defaulthostname instead, respectively.
- The signature of Ocsigen_extensions.register_extension has changed:
- extensions must now be named;
- all non-mandatory options are now optional arguments;
- the function user_fun_site, used in Userconf mode, receives as additional argument an object of type Ocsigen_extensions.userconf_info
- the configuration for the extension is now passed to the callback init_fun, instead of being obtained through parse_global_config
See the documentation of Ocsigen_extensions for details.
- non-attached services now called "named non-attached coservices" and created using Eliom_services.new_coservice' with the optional name parameter